Saturday, June 1, 2013

Five Sentence Fiction..to be continued..


Lillie McFerrin Writes

FSF to be continued...



FLAME
In a forest as I heaved, I saw a man lighting a cigarette he smoked half way throwing it at a blossoming tree. Soon the  fuming tree stretched its blazing branches dragging the man closer burning him to ashes. I woke up in my room to find a cigarette on the ashtray.I sighed putting off the flame and dozed.



CONQUER

A lady dwelling opposite of my flat was a never smiling snobbish. I wished her on a Christmas night she climbed the stairs with airs. Abruptly she slipped and fractured her leg. I carried her to hospital.She smiled at me sweetly even in her pains, impossible to believe I could conquer her, I beamed.



WORDS












Two buddies Words and Sword fell in love with a Princess,she loved both but lusted for the strong Sword.Within a year on her death bed she sighed promising to marry the one who could keep her alive.Words penned verses in her memory but Sword soon forgot her indulging in amusement and killing.Princess came alive in the form of a pretty Poem and kissed Words for keeping her alive for centuries.As he can kindle, kill and create,she felt he was more powerful and loving so she married Words living blissfully forever.




                                          EDGE
                                              
I recall an incident on a trip to the blue smoky haze hill station of Ooty on a summer vacation from Dubai to India.I was a naughty kid playing with a rainbow ball as it rolled I too darted behind it like a wind but the ball fell into the abyss. My only target was to get back the ball. I dived, soon brushwood like invisible hands cradled me and tossed me in the gust straight into the warm arms of my Mom who was crying and smiling kissing me at the edge of the mountain .I still speculate what actually happened to me.



ANGLES





There was a candid cute Prince who loved and believed a haughty Princess from her childhood but she faked love to him for she had secret affairs with many men.The Prince died with a broken heart with her name on his lips when he came to know that she was lying all these years.As years passed the Princess got severely burnt in fire and lost all her beauty suffering a lot.Seeing her pathetic ugly state many dreaded her but the dead Prince’s soul was still waiting to rejoin his soul mate without entering Heaven.Even today from all the angles of the dilapidated palace the echoes can be heard of the Princess groaning,
Forgive me my Prince”.


SHADOWS
A loving old couple was celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary along with their two adopted kids,near and dear ones.When the wife was about to feed cake to her sweetheart he collapsed and breathed his last.The wife couldn't believe it,she neither cried nor spoke to anyone but laid her silver head on his craggy chest.She could hear his heart still beating for her only as it used to do since her early teens as if to never let go.Her creased eyes smiled and her pale shadow chased his tightly clasping hands,the duo danced like young lovers leaving a romantic past paving for other shadows to follow.


FESTIVAL

In early teens once in Mumbai via Dubai on the festival of ‘Holi’ I still remember the view from the window of the 7th floor of the posh hotel I was staying, the whole city was bathed in hues looking as if rainbow climbed down. Everywhere mirth & jollity from the elite and the middle class but at the corner I glimpsed the true face of my motherland near a slum area some ignored little kids were deprived of their delight& play born to suffer in utter poverty. I went with my Mom and purchased sweets & colour powder to play with the children of a lesser God making each moment a fun filled day, by evening I bought new dresses for the unseen kids. I waited to see the kids change from their ragged clothes to the new ones they looked prettier with the prettiest smile, seeing it I felt so blissful for nothing in the world could I purchase this inner joy and that all humans are same merely discriminated by man-made money. The next day when I was about to leave the little kids arrived outside the hotel to bid me farewell with a flower tears rolling down their innocent eyes and my eyes too watered ,in silence for a moment I realized a life lived for others was worth living..



55 comments:

  1. Wonderful! My favorite is the first one.

    Happy Wednesday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful pieces--the second one is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whew...kinda glad your dream woke you up...it played an important role in warning you...or them...

    i def like the heart for people in the second...and the transformative nature of that compassion...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one could have ended badly, glad it was only a dream! The second is heartwarming, I like those positive outcomes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, they are really nice. I loved how they ended. Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful site and nice work! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful blog you have. There is just fun stuff everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You radiate positivity! http://citymusecountrymuse2012.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love what you can do with such short stories. I like the twists. And thank you for following me! It's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SMILES & Thnx for following!!GOD<3U

      Delete
  10. I think your words are very powerful, but also beautiful. You are very talented and I enjoyed your writing very much. Thank you so much for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for ur inspirational comment & hope to hear from u more..GOD<3U

      Delete
  11. Your words are smokin'

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey thats inspirational...
    more than this i liked the crazy note about yourself :)

    first time here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hai Deeps happy to c u..Thanks:)GOd<3U

      Delete
  13. Hello Sir..
    thank you for visiting me and giving me the opportunity to land here..
    a beautiful space you have..
    loved the soothing background music :)

    and though I loves all 3 stories..
    last one is my fav..

    I had a smile throughout..
    hope to see you more.. and looking forward to the new posts from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sounds sweet if u could address me in an informal way..I found ur writings beautiful that's why i too landed there..I'm also looking forward to ur new posts..Smiles:) Jyoti.GOD<3U

      Delete
  14. great....superb stories adhi....

    bless you!!

    anu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anu thanks ,its long since seen u..Smiles:) GOD<3U

      Delete
  15. Nice stories..I really liked the one "Word"..:)
    keep writing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. interesting how dream and reality intermingled and luckily woke you in time..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some great pictures for inspiration in in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The story about Words was really good. How they can live forever. Very nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to know that many like WORDS actually words are the real wealth..Thanks Ashwini !!!GOD<3U

      Delete
  19. nicely done, I really liked it. Will be eagerly waiting for more.

    My Blog :- Nature Health Secrets

    And will love to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Namaste sir,
    the post is simply brilliant. "word" and "conquer" are my favourites :)
    few words conveying everything in your heart.... not everyone has that gift.
    :) its amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haritha & it will be nice if u address me in an informal way.again glad to know Word is liked by many..Smiles:))GOD<3U

      Delete
  21. Ahh 5 sentences, yes that is a good story arc if done as well as you have done here sir. Liked the first one quite a bit, even though i never smoke in the house or near trees that get angry at the habit or the flame.

    Be Well

    mark

    ReplyDelete
  22. though each story was lovely in its own way..
    I loved the "shadows" most :)love and its immense power !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so nice to c u again..dear Jyoti Smiles:)) GOD<3U

      Delete
  23. Beautiful posts, especially the last one. Brought tears to my eyes.. Lovely Blog.. You are an awesome writer. God Loves You.

    ReplyDelete
  24. whew...that one on chasing the ball off the mountain...that would have stopped my heart as your mother...and i def would have been crying and thankful you were ok....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks & so nice to c u again Brian Miller..Smiles:))GOD<3U

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello from France
    I am very happy to welcome you!
    Your blog has been accepted in Asia India n°347 a minute!
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory"
    Following our blog will gives you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    Invite your friends to join us in the "directory"!
    The creation of this new blog "directory" allows a rapprochement between different countries, a knowledge of different cultures and a sharing of different traditions, passions, fashion, paintings, crafts, cooking,
    photography and poetry. So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world.
    The more people will join, the more opportunities everyone will have. And yes, I confess, I need people to know this blog!
    You are in some way the Ambassador of this blog in your Country.
    This is not a personal blog, I created it for all to enjoy.
    SO, you also have to make it known to your contacts and friends in your blog domain: the success of this blog depends on all Participants.
    So, during your next comments with your friends, ask them to come in the 'Directory' by writing in your comments:
    *** I am in the directory come join me! ***
    You want this directory to become more important? Help me to make it grow up!
    Your blog is in the list Asia India n°347 and I hope this list will grow very quickly
    Regards
    Chris
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/09/06/12090603083012502810288938.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/19/120319072128505749603643.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/07/12/12071211040212502810092867.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/28/120328020518505749640557.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/15/1203150723211250289584870.png
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/09/21/12092110155912502810343002.gif

    If you want me to know the blog of your friends, send me their urls which allows a special badge in the list of your country
    I see that you know many people in your country, you can try to get them in the directory?
    Please! Actively support the "Directory" by making known to your friends! Thank you! "Unity is strength"
    Not need an invitation to join the Directory. Any person who makes the request is entered
    WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW OUR BLOG "DIRECTORY"
    New on the site
    Ranking of Countries
    Invite your friends know made ??
    the website to raise your ranking in the Country

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have a lovely blog! Thank you so much for your kind words and visit to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Title:
    Best Revenue sharing with the High Returns Investment

    Content:
    Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
    For More Details click the link below:

    Web Link:
    http://whatacash.com
    Display Name: whatacashwaqar

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi you have a Very Nice Blog. . .
    what about we follow each other? let me know :)
    www.ourjaipur.com

    ReplyDelete